English Mastery for Primary 1 is designed to build your child's foundation for the English Language and to provide for them the necessary strategies to cope with the English Language curriculum in school.
During these weekly 2-hour lessons, they will learn to:
- Read and identify the differences in Phonics and from there to recognise the words
- recognise and increase their personal vocabulary work bank and master the letters of the alphabet through their corresponding sounds
- write accurately using knowledge of the Phonic elements
- write consistently on the line with controlled font size
- use basic common punctuation like commas and full stops
- use paragraphing in their composition
An example of Phonic Elements
Students will be taught new strategies and put them to use with in-house curriculum crafted by our team of experienced teachers. Strategies will be demonstrated and students will use them to accomplish given tasks. Practice assignments are given in class for students to complete so that the newly acquired skills are applied and assessed. These strategies are designed to complement the MOE syllabus and enhance students' learning.